Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday sloth

I am still in my PJ's and it's 3.20.  Whats more I don't care that I'm still in my PJ's at 3.20. 

I woke this morning with a sore back, sore head and sore feet.  I can attribute the head and back as perhaps a cold but the feet, that's any ones guess.  Needless to say I've not felt particularly chipper most of the day.  Thankfully the Farmer (eventually) took the children out of the bed room for breakfast and I lapsed back into sleep.  He brought me a cuppa and pulled the curtains some time after 9.30, after which you would assume I would bound out of bed with a new zest for life.  Not so much.

Head, back and feet still aching I got up.  He took Master 6 to do farm duties and Miss 3 hung about with me.  I felt like someone was holding the slow motion button on me today.  And I have to say that it wasn't from a large, leary night on the wine.  Pity. 

Toast and a batch of scones later I felt marginally better.  But still a bit off. 


The boys had come in for smoko but headed back out to build our raised gardens.  Incidentally they were my superb idea to make out of old fruit bins, stolen from a garden down the road!  The Farmer thought it was a silly idea until he saw at one of his work mates houses, then suddenly it's cool.  Go figure.  I digress.

So with Miss 3 doing a jigsaw at my feet I sat on the couch in the sun.  Asleep within minutes.  Woken occasionally by Miss 3 "looking after" me.  Eventually she tired of that and went outside and I napped.  When I did wake I felt better.  So perhaps all I needed was a bit of rest. 

This leads me to the point about still be in my PJ's at now 3.30.  I have at least cleaned the bathrooms today.  Certainly not the highlight of my day but at least it's another thing of the list.

My plans for the rest of the day involve eating dinner, having a long bath, bed and a book.  The washing will wait til tomorrow to be folded, amazing but true.  Learning to listening to my body may well be the smartest things I can do.  Dang, that might just be me growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment