Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oh how I love Sundays.....

The kids are painting, the farmer is farming and I am blogging.  It's a near perfect day.

Other than the fact I'm tired, the kids are tired and we are all varying stages of coughs and colds.  Never mind it's nice to be at home, going nowhere, and we can do whatever we please, basically.  What pleases me would be to go back to bed, with a book, a bit of quiet, hot cup of tea and if I fell asleep that would be just dandy.  POOF!  Wake up back to reality! HA!

Anyway speaking of books I am going to under take, starting this coming week, a bit of Julie and Julia-ness.  I am currently reading 'The Kindness of Strangers - Kitchen Memoirs by New Zealand Author Shonagh Koea.  I like the straightforward way she has written this book.  She recounts her life in a simple way allowing a look at the relationships she formed and some of the recipes she gathered along the way.  The is about 27 recipes in total and I would have to say some of them don't float my boat - 'Drip Stew' doesn't sound particularly delicious but perhaps that's part of why I'd like to try them.  I've never been one for Marmalade or Christmas Cake but if I don't try making them I mightn't ever get to really appreciate them. 

So that's my next project.  I'm not sure what order I will do them and in fact may make something today with the kids.  I will write the recipes on the blog just in case anyone is actually interested!  Won't that be exciting?!

No comments:

Post a Comment