Monday, July 25, 2011

The importance of friends

Having returned from a fun filled weekend away I am a little bit bummed today.  I like hanging out with my friends.  I don't seem to be able to do it often enough.  And although I had a wicked weekend away it was over FAR FAR FAR too quickly!

And the thing I find about going away on holidays is that all the things your leaving behind, the washing, vacuuming and the like are all still waiting when you return.  No magic fairies have visited and done the groceries, washed your windows or changed sheets.  It's like the short week really - it's 5 days worth of work crammed into 4.

On the upside the final of Harry Potter was done very very well and I enjoyed it, however now that it's over I feel like a long term relationship has come to a close.  I went shopping and brought stuff mainly for the kids and ate more than I should of (curse that hokey pokey covered in chocolate and those nasty chips and dip not to mention the calorie laden lemon meringue pie) - the only thing I didn't do was drink tooooo much.  Well  no more than usual! Ha!

Thankfully the weekend was full of laughter, jigsaw puzzle, talking and having fun.  And although it's now over and I a bit wound up with all I need to be doing my soul is recharged from hanging out with friends..  And I should consider myself very blessed as I had two other dear friends come to see me (out by the low snow here in the sticks!) and got to spend time with them.  Such is the importance of friends that although I don't see them often the times I do can carry me enough til the next holiday, coffee, phone call, email or visit.  My point really is this - good friends remind you to be kind to yourself, they lift you up, hug you when you fall and in between help you scoff back wine, chocolate or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment