Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SImple pleasures

Today turned out better than expected.

The plan was childcare.  My job.  Pays poorly but highly rewarding.  However the one child booked in today was sick so FREE DAY!  Whoo Hoo!  Not to diminish the poor child but really it's my blog so technically all about me..........to a degree! 

Other job today, Groceries.  Necessary evil.  Made enjoyable by coffee in town with a friend.  Mooching in a couple of shops while I should have been grocery shopping.  Naughty but fun.

I feel kind guilty I didn't spend the day studying, cleaning or a bit of both.  But what price does one put on a catch up?  And considering one of my goals was to catch up, then I should think of it as a job well done!

Had a preseason game of Rugby tonight, the Magpies vs.... well in fact it wasn't memorable enough to remember whom but we were winning when we left and we left WELL after the children's bedtime for a school night.  A nice simple pleasure - pizza for tea, thanks to the sponsors - which = NO DISHES!!

And speaking of simple pleasures that make you smile: I took some pics on a recent trip to Wellington, to visit very dear friends, of some lights in a remodelled cinema.  They totally caught my eye and have recently framed them and hung them in the hall - not sure what I like more.....the pictures or the memory of a fantastic weekend away with friends.  Either way I'm very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment