Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another recipe......but the jury is out.

So i'm not sold on this one.  Make it as it took no time at all, to take out for morning tea but I'm thinking I should have gone for brownie (gee I wonder why I can't lose weight.....)
Russian Shortbread from the book: The Kindness of Strangers – Kitchen Memoirs
by Shonagh Koea
125 grams of butter
100 grams of sugar (I prefer brown sugar)
One tablespoon of golden syrup
One egg
225 grams of sifted flour
A cup of sultanas
One rounded teaspoon of baking powder
Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt carefully.  When it is completely liquid cool the mixture for a few minutes and then beat in the egg, add the sifted flour, sultanas and baking powder.  Mix carefully, turn into a greased sponge roll tin and bake in a moderate over (about 160 degrees Celsius) for fifteen to twenty minutes.  The original recipe required it to be iced but I have never done this because I feel it would be just too much.
Janes' review:
1; being a sucky flop 2;definitely do this one again  3; being add to your repertoire immediately

Taste: 1 and half - not a flop but don't think I would do again
Ease: 2 very simple to chuck together
Kids and husband test - okay.

Overall, not a winner but not awful either.  Good if you don't have a sweet tooth....... I don't have a sweeth tooth, I have a mouthful of sweet teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment