Monday, July 18, 2011

Fear.

Shop and Go.  This is where you scan your own groceries and rock on up to the checkout, pay the nice lady (or gent) trundle off to the car, load up and go.

Or not.

You might get (foreboding music) the RE-SCAN.  This is when they think you've flogged a heap of groceries so are going to check on you (pretty sure that's it, not some automatic computer programme telling them to check you ever so innocently....).

So today, in a hurry, of course, I get the RE-SCAN.  Shopping with Master 6, first day of the school holidays, he was "helping"....driving the trolley into little old ladies, ploughing down small children and putting groceries into the trolley.....so at the mention of rescan I freeze, panic, look at the trolley - MOTHER OF GOD, I did scan them all??  How helpful was Master 6?!  Did he "help" by adding an extra bottle of wine for his wineo Mummy?  The fear of being caught stealing....the shame.......... 

So while the perfectly nice lady, who like Lady Justice held the balance of my morals over her conveyor belt, scanned my groceries, I sweated profoundly thinking of the phone call to the Farmer to come get me out from security department at the supermarket for my wrong doing......



Which of course was unnecessary as it was 100% correct and I instantly relaxed, confessed my fears of which she heartily laughed and said it's the same for her and I merrily went on my way. 

With an additional grey hair beginning to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment