Friday, August 5, 2011

Lambs and the eternal wish to be a good Mother

Hanging the washing this morning I noticed the lambs in the paddock next door, the neighbours.  All of a sudden they aren't the cute little bouncy newborns, they are bigger, fatter and taking a nibble of grass....very much on their way to lamb-hood.  A separation from Mummy Sheep, followed by more grass and eventually yum yum mint sauce.

The point of this?  Well I really was surprised by how quick they'd changed (chopping their tails off does make them grow up quick I find!).   In the context of my life though it puts things in perspective.  Kids do grow quickly.  And before long, your babies are gone.  And my babies are still here and they need me.  So I am reassessing things and will make things work to fit them in the equation, because really they are the most important thing in my, our, lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment