Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gardening Gloves

I've just been sitting in the lounge, by myself, not a pleasure I get to enjoy often enough unfortunately.  But I have been using the time to think about what's bugging me. 

It's the snide remarks (which perhaps aren't meant to be), the life's not fair feelings (which we all get) and the "I wish" moments which can lead to a shade of green which is certainly not becoming on me.

All the above plus my frame of mind, timing and perhaps tiredness all contribute to how I'm feeling today and I'm not liking it.  I'm not liking who it makes me.   We are all entitled to days to wallow a bit, but when I actually think how it makes me feel it's not who I am.

I know I am above it and I know that it's my issue and I should get on with things and not worry about anyone else.  The people in my life that know me well and I spend time with are the people that make me happy.  I should embrace that, not try so damn hard to please people who make me doubt myself.  It shouldn't be hard.  These irritating feelings are just that irritating but only if I let them. 

What I have with my Farmer, Little Miss and Master is pretty damn awesome.  They thrive on the life and love we give them, so there is no room in me anymore for anything but the good stuff.  I don't want to feel clogged up with this stuff any longer.  

I could think of things in a different way - when you get a thistle in your finger it hurts initially, if you don't remove it, it becomes red, possibly infected before your body eventually gets rid of it.  If I consider that my life is a garden then perhaps I should wear gloves. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought I should remind you, as Mrs Farmer you know that thistles are an unpleasant but consistent part of pasture composition, and with ryegrass, clover, ragwort and other goodies they contribute to grow some pretty awesome (and tasty!) stuff. Fertilize the good and grub the weeds.
    I can only see flowers in your garden, a result of much hard work.Be proud, you are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete