Saturday, December 10, 2011

TIRED TIRED TIRED TIRED, oh did I mention Tired?

Waking up this morning with a small blonde head on my shoulder I thought "Fark, far too early"....Thankfully that child went to sleep.  The larger child came in a bit later...complaining that there wasn't enough room for him.  Back of buddy it's only meant for the Farmer in me anyway.....tears followed, him not me, the farmer was getting grumpy, understandably and so my day began.

Tired children. Tired Mummy. Tired Daddy.

TIRED.

Now it just so happens that today was going to be Christmas card making followed by Christmas baking. 

The thought was there, the will is not.

Tired children do not make for happy Christmas atmosphere. 

The farmer (wisely) took the small people to town before we had visitors, giving me time to complete some projects. 

I played Christmas music.  Put the lights on the Tree.

And still the Christmas spirit eludes me.

Children arrived back.  And so far I have managed to get them to make Christmas cards....given them supplies, glue, glitter and said enjoy.  Probably not what I had in mind but the patience levels are low and desire to have a Pimms before noon is strong.

I've read a number of blogs of late that tout all about their fantastic Christmas crafts, ideas and show lovely pictures of wonderful things made with their children.  My message to you is Bah Humbug.

I'm hoping a good sleep, a bit of time to myself and a Pimms (not necessarily in that order) will restore my Christmas spirit and I too can join the festive blogs, delighting in all things Christmas.


Credit must go to my Wangavegas friend for supplying the above image to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment