Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whats news for 2012.....

I've been contemplating 2012 for almost a week now.

No thundering flashes of lighting with premonitions from the sky, no winning lotto ticket and no booze!

Okay step back for a minute.....let me fill you in. 

I've been working in childcare for almost 2 years now and this year I am contemplating stopping work to study full time for 3 years to be an early childhood teacher.  Commitment, mega commitment.  I've been hoping that I would get a thunderbolt premonition to say - Yes, do it, it's your calling....or some such nonsense, but 6 days in and nothing. Feck.

As to the lotto ticket, well with winning from Christmas scratchies we went all out with a Triple Dip Lotto ticket.  The money was as good as spent.  Alas, nothing.  Oh wait I tell a lie, a bonus line on strike next week....hold the phones people.

And Booze?  No booze?  If you've read my blog at all you'll understand what an important part of my life is......a cold beer, big fat oaky chardy or stiff rum/gin/pimms can be for me.  However, all the extra appears to have relocated to my waistline (I reckon I'm carrying a keg there at the moment) so drastic measures have been taken.  Both the Farmer and myself are booze free for the month of January.  And so far, no worries.  No issue when it comes to who is driving, money in the bank and lots more jobs done....ie no blobbing on the couch vessel in hand.

So I guess OVERALL, not a bad start.....there is time for the winning lotto ticket, time to think about career pathways and certainly 11 more months for drinking......you never know I might stop all together...............nah, I don't think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment