Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tears, Teeth and Tiredness

Such a LOOONNNNGGGGG day!

Just when I thought I was over the teething phase.......er, well, no.  Not if your looking after other peoples kids that is!  Unfortunately for one child the teeth results in not only icky poos and red cheeks but tears and hitting.  Yes I think I worked it out that actually "I'm-just-a-bit-God-damn-grumpy-that-my-teeth-hurt-so-look-out...." bash, thump, pull hair.....  Okay moving on.  Next time there will be bonjela and lots of it.

The other child's trouble was "I'm-very-tired-so-tired-I-could-sleep-on-you; but-get-me-the-hell-away-from that-cot-cos-I-don't-want-to-sleep-there-you-know" - so you can't win can you?!

Thankfully there are nice things too - the cuddles and snuggles, the run-n-hug from Master 6, the D&M's (deep and meaningful) with Miss 3 - "So Mum, how was your day? Tell me about it...." future job as a shrink?  "Mum I think I will buy you some new clothes".  Me "that would be nice we could go shopping together and you can help me" Miss 3 - "No I'll pick, I know about these things" Me - nothing.....what does one say to that?  Apparently I have NO STYLE!  You know she might have something there........

The evening now holds, a teeny tiny bit of study, followed by a large glass of wine, consumed while folding washing and watching a DVD before retiring to bed to finish a book and then a restful nights sleep.

Crap.  I just jinxed it didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment