Wednesday, June 29, 2011

oh yeah THATs why i do this job.....

So when it rains it pours.....well in my world today it wasn't so much about the rain as the code brown  nappies.  Seriously 2 nappy wearing children created a heck of alot of poop today.  I advised Miss 3 to get a job that doesn't involve poo and she won't need reminding twice....her nose was wrinkled in disgust prior to her sneaking away to a vapour free zone.

But once the charges were gone, and my kids had snacked, while I was cooking a gourmet meal (snigger snigger) I was listening and watching them play with the stuff we had out today.  The conversations, imaginative play and fun they had was wicked.  With a car tent and some toys they drove, shopped, drove a bit more - til the car broke down.......before switching to the whiteboard to sit side by side and draw.  And the thing that astounded me was there was no fighting, no can we watch a DVD, no "she did this", "he did that" and don't get me wrong we have those days, but this was awesome.  When I said time to pack up and set the timer, they did that.  I know, can you believe it?  In fact whose kids are these?!!

I think that essentially I have great kids, nup actually it's a fact.  They love each other as best brother and sister do at this age.  They (mostly) listen and (mainly) do what their told.  The give cuddles when required and make me smile and laugh when I need it most.  They have also driven me to drink some days but surely that's another posting altogether. 

How and when did these kids get to be like this? 

I'm not a perfect parent and the more study I do towards my child care goals the more I realise there are somethings I should have done differently but somewhere along the way they came out okay.  These kids have two loving parents so I'm not going to take all the credit for the kids being pretty cool.  But perhaps there is something in loving your kids that rubs off on you, that gives you the passion to see that in other kids.  I'm not sure but if I can care for other kids, and they have a smidge of how my kids turn out somewhere in there, I'm doing the right thing.

Could you just stop feeding your kids kiwifruit please.

No comments:

Post a Comment