Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cat and mouse

I'm not sure why the cat thought it was a good idea to bring a mouse inside and eat it, but she did leaving just a wee pile of mini intestines as a treat for me.  Thanks.

Sometimes I feel like the cat, chasing the elusive mouse.  The mouse for me is everything I want to do, but can't find the time - cooking, crafting, spending time with just Duane, catching up with friends - things I enjoy but there are just never enough hours in the day for. 

How can I change that?!?

Sleep less, sell the kids, don't clean the house, hmm all fairly unrealistic ideas one would think.  I guess it's like everyone, work and life gobble up much of our time and we are all in the same boat.  Probably best not to fight it.  Just take what I can, when I can and savour the moment.

Incidentally I'm fairly sure I'm not ever going to eat the mouse if I do catch it.  But if I did, I most certainly wouldn't leave anything behind for someone else to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment