Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Nature Geek

Yesterday, as I drove up the drive, I was driving parallel to a pair of paradise ducks.  I couldn't help but notice how beautiful they were....watching them fly with such grace was really quite stunning.  I know that being a farmers wife I should curse ducks - they eat grass seed and when a whole flock come along can do some serious damage to the pasture but you know in that moment I was awe struck.

Combine this with the springy little lambs bopping about the place, chasing one another, so full of life and youthful exuberance I can't help but feel a little bit soft.  I know I should look at them with dollar signs and think that's just money running about the paddock not to mention how yummy they are to eat but really they are just cute!  I just new life is always like that.

Not only that but I snapped a pic out the window yesterday of the ranges - just breathtaking. Everything seemed to be just beautiful!  I love the way the cloud seemed to fold around the mountains.




Add in some of the most beautiful sunrises ......... with the cold frost but clear days and I feel like the move here was worth it.




Just someone remind me of these joys when I'm up to my eyeballs in mud, sheep poo, dealing with frisky bulls, having to feed a pet lamb cos the kids have got over the novelty of it, or sweltering in a drought.

For the moment though, I'm enjoying those moments that tweak a wee part of my heart and recording them here.  That's got to be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you make me wanna move!!! Stunning sunrise.

    ReplyDelete