Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The importance of girlfriends

Don't get me wrong, the Farmer is wonderful.  I love him to bit but I would be entirely lost without my girlfriends.

Girlfriends understand the importance of a haircut, they notice new clothes and laugh at your bad jokes.  They are happy to eat cake with you (even when they started a diet yesterday), to let you cry on their shoulder (although the days of shoulder pads did a better job of absorbing the tears), they forgive you your misgivings (ha not that there are many!) but most of all they just are there for you.

My girlfriends understand me, they get me.  They know what it's like to face the hard questions.......ice cold beer or big fat chardy.  They laugh with me, sometimes at me, and I'm okay with that.

On my final day of "no extra kids" - the day that will now be absorbed into my new full time (er "full time" PAID job) of caring of other peoples kids I spent a most relaxing and fulfilling time with my girlfriends.  Okay so a sneaky haircut and a couple of "minor" jobs but essentially I hung out with friends having coffee, wine, food and alot of hearty laughs. 

My only regret?  That I don't get to do it often enough.  My plan?  To remedy that!

Thanks dear friends, all of you, absent friends & far away friends - you know who you are! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment