Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Me and my boy

So today after school Master 6 and I had quality time together.  We cruised into town swapping stories of our days before making a plan about we'd have for dinner and what we had to do while in town.

We mooched a bit in some shops, did the jobs on the list, I splashed out a little on a $1.97 tape dispenser for Master 6 (totally made his day) and as I was driving out of the car park to go to tea I remembered I had a small credit left on a Farmers gift card.  I "asked" if I could go there and have a look - he suggested tomorrow would be better but I explained that I would be working. What about the weekend he suggested - er I'm away I offered.  Oh all right then.......Thank you thank you .......... As we pulled in he made me promise that I wouldn't look at the kids clothes "not even a sniff" he told me.  Fine by me, I just wanted to look for me.  He behaved better than my husband would as I had a wee look.

In the end I couldn't really be arsed.  More to say I didn't really know what I wanted but as we were leaving I spied some little girls slippers (50% off)......thankfully I hadn't promised anything about not looking at childrens' shoes!  I found some jandals for him, some PJ's for me (he picked the design, crazy robots like Mum apparently) and were about to leave when we remember he wanted gloves.....aha in the kids clothing area but if your on the receiving end its okay!  Money all spent we left.

He had the pick of anything he wanted for tea.....I was suspecting the Golden Arches but in fact no.  He remembered months ago when I took him to breakers and he had spaghetti and meatballs and could we go there.  Why yes, yes we could.  Mum could have a beer there!  So we ate and as we were eating he posed an interesting question..... what colour meat are we?

Needless to say as I explained how I would in fact cook him (with garlic, onion, and herbs) that he may well change colour I couldn't help but laugh.  And that is really what it was all about.  Having a laugh, hanging out and making a few memories in the process.  Wicked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment