Sunday, June 12, 2011

Things that made me smile today.......

Lying in bed this morning with the kids giggling.  Dancing to Roxette (of all things) with Amelia and pulling out all my best moves.   Making Sarah’s blue cheese & caramelised onion muffins (and eating them) then getting compliments about them.  Hearing “thanks Mum luf you”  from Miss 3 who didn’t want to know me at 2 this morning and only wanted her Dad.  Watching Master 6 (unbeknown to him) with Farmer husband, sitting outside on a pile of wood thinking quietly.  Taking 5 minutes to sit and look at our view and ACTUALLY appreciating it.
Things that made me think I need more sleep: just about putting shampoo on my face instead of cleanser and turning on the cake mixer without the mixer blade in it.
Things that made me feel grown up: having book club here and talking about the recession.
Things that confirm I’m not grown up just yet......laughing at the fart jokes with the kids, and possibly encouraging them by joining in.

And the moment that made me thinking blogging was a good thing - when I caught myself thinking about   all the good things I could write down about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment