Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life choices!

So last week I was sitting in the sun, chatting with a friend about what lay ahead for me.  To study and become an Early childhood teacher or not.

It plays heavily on my mind which to choose.  And the more I think about the more confused I find myself!

I'd given myself till June....all the while awaiting for life's to send me a sign....a lightning bolt.  So far I've had a few electric shocks prodding me down the study road but is that enough?

With all major life choices in life there should always be a pro and con list.....this is my thoughts on it so far:

PRO's for Early childhood teaching:
- Maybe possible to work locally
- Good to have 'trained' in a profession
- I'm good at it
- I enjoy it
- Always wanted to make a difference in the world, perhaps nurturing wee people is that way
- could use to become a PORSE programme tutor if I didn't like centre work

CON's:
- 3 years study - HUGE commitment
- Financial cost of studying for 3 years
- increased pressure on family
- not sure I'm interested in working in a large childcare centre - hours, school holidays etc
- could kill my social life!!

And I still need to factor in that I'm chief housekeeper, child carer, cook and organiser into the equation......

The whole reason I started this blog was to decide what I wanted to be when I grow up.  36 years old, you would think I would have a clue by now but alas no.  I've "fallen" into alot of things during my journey and I always give them 110%.  Does that mean this is the right thing for me?  And if it isn't then what is?

FRICK FRICK FRICK!

Feel free to suggest, comment or give advice!



Is the grass greener?!

1 comment:

  1. Have a bottle or two of wine........things seem much easier after that!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete