Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The written word...

I've got cramp in my right hand from writing (and completing whoop whoop) an assignment tonight.  It's then some what amusing that I about whinging about it when I was lecturing advising telling informing Master 6 of the importance of being able to write. 

At his school there is a huge focus on all things technical.  And I get that, it's the way of the world.  But as I pointed out to him what if there was something major happen (Christchurch Earthquake springs to mind) and there was NO computers....or phones.....or TECHNOLOGY?!!  What would everyone do.  The response was silence.  Nice to know I have that effect on him.

I also, in vain I may add, tried to convey the nice feeling you get when you get a hand written note.  Not that a email isn't nice, but you know a note in the post, not on your birthday but for no reason at all.  The thought that someone took the time to write to you......I think this is where I lost him but essentially my point was made.

So yeah my hand hurts and probably my writing isn't that legible (especially after the amount of writing I just did) but I DO have the ability to write, spell (most of the time) and read.  Important values that sometimes I think get overlooked in this techno world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment