Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Feeling a little F-L-A-T.......

(not to be confused with feeling a little FAT)

Meet with Master 6's teacher today.  He's a bit behind where he should be and it breaks my heart.  He has so much to give, such a big desire to learn but he just hasn't got the basics down pat yet, and I believe it's holding him back from sharing all that is rattling around in him.  To paint a picture,  and obviously I'm his Mum so am TOTALLY bias.....he's a charmer (even his teacher admitted he's a likeable clown!), he's funny, he's active, he's smart (I totally believe that), he's caring, kind and he's my (okay well our) son-shine.

Am I doing entirely the wrong thing by doing my current job and not being available to him after school???? More often that not, I have 1 or more little people around and about.  It makes giving him some one on one time to do home work or trying other things near impossible.  I then lock myself away in a room to study....given that I will be finished that soon I probably shouldn't worry too much but I really feel I am letting him down.

Am going to have to have some serious thinking on this one.  Glad I've had a vent before he gets home though.....don't want to freak him out with the over the top mother thing........I'm sure I have plenty of years ahead of me for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment