Monday, August 8, 2011

Farming injury - yes I have one.

I'm not cut out to be a high jumper.  I learnt this in a somewhat amusing but painful way.  In my haste to be as clever as the Farmer, while helping weigh up lambs yesterday, I thought I could copy his easy flick of legs over the sheep race.  Or not. 

I lifted my body up and over, and in my mind my legs would have effortlessly swung over.  In reality the large thighs - attached to my legs - got caught on the wire (not barbed wire thankfully) and well I can't describe it really....scraped, slid, bumped their way over.  Double over from the effort and pain....I can only explain as your legs being winded (yeah I know.....sounds very melodramatic)......I finished whatever the Farmer asked me to do, before clutching my general butt area and cursing some what. 

As soon as I was home I dropped my pants (more information that perhaps you wanted) to assess the damage.  Not the red welts I was expecting but later that day I was rewarded with a very LARGE bruise which by this morning was even LARGER and extremely impressive.  If it wasn't so close to my butt I would share this bruise as it's rather remarkable, even the Farmer thinks so.

The moral to this story? Certainly when your as uncoordinated as me don't try and be clever, it could be hazardous to your health, or at least your thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment