Monday, October 24, 2011

A weighty issue

So I was reading a post from goodgollyholly being-overweight-does-not-really-work and could totally hear what she was saying.  Her honesty and candor speaks volumes about the issues we have with weight, exercise, "drive", motherhood and life in general.  And she's funny to boot.

I felt compelled to comment on her post and in doing so have been thinking about it ever since.

Over the weekend I have been having a mammoth reassessment of my wardrobe....ie removing allot of clothes that I no longer fit.  And truthfully it's quite rewarding.  I have been carting clothes around for YEARS that I will never get back into.  Talk about a chain around your neck knowing they are there and you can't fit them.  But even so it's hard looking in the mirror as TRY and fail to do up pants that I loved. 

Yep I'm carrying lots of extra weight.  I know it.  Accept it.  Have good days and bad. 

But does it define me?

Is it what other people see when they look at me?

What about my good points?

Oh yes my good points.  I have them.  Things I like about myself, that perhaps others do as well. 


So after this weekend of thinking lots about weight and all the things I know I need to do get rid of it and how I feel about it....well you know I actually feel OK.  Which in all honesty is the biggest step up for me in a long time. 

And who knows I may lose some weight one of these days too.  You just never know.



No comments:

Post a Comment