Monday, October 3, 2011

Fashion

I can't claim to be a fashionable person.  I have discovered that alot of my wardrobe is black.  And you know what, black isn't that great on me.  It has taken a very dear friend, alot of laughing and some hard home truths to step up and get rid of a number of things in my wardrobe over the weekend.  In fact, I probably could get rid of some more if I was being completely honest with myself but may find myself in the terrible situation of having to run about naked for lack of clothes.

For me understanding my body shape (??!) has got to be more important that what size I am.  I no longer have a flat belly....may never have had one - but admitting it, dressing for it and moving on has to be pivotal in regaining some self-confidence.

Thinking about put in a bit of colour, working on my best features and being kind to myself will also help.  And not bargain shopping but shopping for what I need, what suits and what will go with existing clothes will benefit me no end, it's just remembering that!

When I look at what I'm about to give away ..... the amount of money I have spent on things that no actually fit or are completely wrong for me I cringe, but I guess we have all done it.  The pair of pre-child pants we LOVE but you can't do up only make you feel horrendous about yourself......knowing you can't go back there.  But if they AREN'T lurking in the wardrobe, tauting you, you can realistically move on.

I have also always felt I haven't had a 'style' either, you know the collar up pearls and Levi's - preppy sort of look, the quirky free spirit look, sporty (never ever going to be me) or classic crisp white shirt, jeans and blazer style- I don't fit the box and perhaps even 'getting' that is helpful.

I also have to factor in my job.  With kids I don't want to feel precious about what I'm wearing.  There is glue, paint, dribble, food, snot and some times things I don't even want to discuss ending up on me and my clothes - so I have to be comfortable and wear things that will wash well.

Don't expect a hot new me, but perhaps watch a gradual transformation of me at almost 36 years of age finding my fashion fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment