Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fame

As I teen I really wanted to be famous, of course that's how you would meet the teen stars in all the mags.  Once I realised I had no desire to be an actor (years of speech and drama didn't create an overnight success), that I had no vocal talents and wasn't model material I moved on. 

Or maybe I haven't, maybe I'd still like to be rich and famous........yeah.................nah.........still can't sing, model or act!
However I still wonder what it must be like.  For your friends to be celebs, live in a fishbowl, have stuff done for you, told what to wear and where to be and be 'seen'.  To make a statement and then regret it but for the world to judge you on it.  To pretend, for the most part, about everything around you being "normal".  Imagine everyone always having an opinion on you, without knowing you.  Being judged, constantly.  When does the acting stop and real life kick in? 

I think the Fame part that brings in the big bickies would be great but the rest you can have.  I like being able to make dumb arse statements and  have friends that are friends and won't sell dodgy pics of me after 3 to many wines to the tabloids -  not that there are any (........that I remember!)

Is it just "youth" that puts a shine on Fame and all it's trimmings?  Does the lifestyle appeal? Money? Great clothes? Is it the trashy mags?  Is Fame just about being a celebrity?  Or can Fame come from other things? 

I know there are a number of very talented people I know that should be famous for their work on creative projects, but its a different sort of Fame.  A respected Fame.  Being good at something like painting is poles apart from well acting Fame.  Which is a good thing cos my clever friends might not want to hang out with me otherwise!!

The reason I decided to do a post on Fame was Johnny Depp has just done an article for a mag, not sure which one and said something about the photo shoots are like being raped.  Though that was probably the a poor choice of words I kind of understand what he was getting at.  It's a double edged sword in some senses, if your in front of the camera you shoot a movie then have to promote it, even though you hate doing that type of thing, to make the movie sell you need to "sell" also - your face and name.

I'd really like to meet Johnny Depp....to talk him, obviously that's the only reason....Nothing to do with the fact he is delicious.  No really, he appeals not just for the Fame aspect but because he appears to be well rounded in his interests, acting roles, and he likes wine....truly he has a vineyard...apparently!!  And he has two kids a girl and a boy, so we have LOTS in common!  However part of me feels like a stalker for wanting to met him!  So I'll cancel the plane tickets for now and maybe if he's over this way he can swing by for a vino.  I'll keep you posted if he drops by!

In the meantime a wee gem to get you thinking about Fame.....





No comments:

Post a Comment