Friday, October 21, 2011

Flying the Flag - Rugby World Cup 2011

Feeling a little lazy today so am sneakily using my letter to the editor of the local paper to double as a post....... Ha!


I’ve just come home to the Bay from a week away around the North Island.  And I felt I had to share the enormous joy I got from seeing us as a country flying the flag for the All Blacks.

 It didn’t matter where we were, there was flags and messages of support for the All Blacks on just about anything.  Rural NZ had flags on fences, in paddocks, in trees, messages on barns, roofs, made from tyres, with balloons and streamers and even on a farm bike.  Not only were there flags on cars but in the towns they adorned windows, mobility scooters, boats and all sorts of business showed their support by flying flags off flagpoles to fishing rods.

The thing that made me proudest was that it wasn’t just all about the All Blacks.  There were messages for the other countries too.  When we saw overseas tourists out and about they were warmly  greeted and given the real Kiwi welcome that can only come from a being a small nation. 

Well done to us all!

And GO THE AB’s!


No comments:

Post a Comment