Sunday, March 4, 2012

A celebration of all things old...

I had some friends over today for 'afternoon tea'.  I had been wanting to dust off my collection of family tea cups, dollies and special plates.  It's lovely to have these things but if they aren't used, whats the point!?!!

And while making some treats to eat at afternoon tea I couldn't help think about my Grandma, and Mum who couldn't make it today.  I know Grandma would have loved it today.  We would have heard stories, had lots of laughs and marveled about her tomato sandwiches, which I couldn't bring myself to make.

It's times like this I miss her the most.  But at the same time I feel very close to her.

Busy times in our lives sometimes stop us from the golden moments.  The long afternoon teas where you can talk amongst friends, new and old.  You can share stories, discuss parenting trials and tips.  And laugh.  Then laugh some more.

There is probably something to be said about old fashioned tea rooms - a far cry from the 'takeaway coffee' and racing pace we live.

So my celebration of all things old, spending quality time and friendship is marked today.  I plan to do it again very soon!

A special mention to the chief photographer - The Crafter!




No comments:

Post a Comment