Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Mum, just be yourself..."

So having just Master 7 for the last few days has been awesome.  He's such a shining star in my world.  His thoughts are kind, loving and often come out of left field. 

Like today, having a chat at the kitchen bench, about lots of things.  Then a statement from him:  "Mum. just be yourself...."

Where that came from I have no idea.  I asked him what made him say that....."no reason".....quizzed him if it came from school, "nope".

I think he is going to be the next Dalai Lama.

If I had that kind of wisdom at 7 I would have been a far more confident, happy and self assured person as I progressed through life.

I don't think I try to be anyone other than myself, but perhaps Master 7 knows otherwise. 

It sometimes is hard to fit in.  Sometimes being different is lonely and awkward. 

The key is having the knowledge that your being true to yourself, that your loved and special for who you are.

Armed with this knowledge I'm sure Master 7 will be himself.  And if he forgets, I can remind him, just like he's reminded me.



Master 7

No comments:

Post a Comment