Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate Date Roll

Okay so I'm still plodding with my recipes but I must warn you before you get all excited and think what a delicious sounding thing this is.........when I made it.....it was a freaking disaster.  I don't often get COMPLETE write offs with my cooking but unless you want to eat chocolate covered rice bubbles then this is not the recipe for you..........

But perhaps someone out there can make this and let me know where I went wrong.....I challenge you!


Chocolate Date Roll from the book: The Kindness of Strangers – Kitchen Memoirs
by Shonagh Koea


 One-third of a large cake of dark chocolate (perhaps king size)

200 grams of dates

100 grams of butter

50 grams of brown sugar

Three cups of rice bubbles

Desiccated coconut



Put the dark chocolate in a saucepan with the dates, butter and brown sugar.  Melt all this very carefully over a low heat until the dates are quite soft.  Add three cups of rice bubbles and mix well.  When it is cool enough to handle, roll the mixture into two rolls, each about four centimetres in diameter, then roll in desiccated coconut.  Wrap in greaseproof paper and store in the refrigerator.  Cut into slices to serve.

PS not going to review it due to it being a disaster!  I think that speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment