Saturday, December 3, 2011

Advent Calendar, Vomit and Disappointment.

Our Family Advent calendar made by my Mum - pretty cool huh?!

So it's the 3rd of December and after 2 days of excitement with what the pockets of the Advent calendar may hold, I was surprised last night when Master 6 said "Mum I hope there are no food treats in there".  With a confused look I asked why?  "I'm not feeling well Mum".  Alarms bells.

After Miss 3 being sick and then me, and with a about 6 hours sleep over 48 hours I was really not keen for another round.

Bundled into bed he seemed fine.  Well kind of.  Moaning and groaning, squiggling and squirming he didn't settle.  Aha! Pamol.  That's what he needs.  Sitting on the side of his bed I told him to sit up and have some Pamol....unfortunately he decided then was a good time to vomit, on me.  Sigh.  Thankfully the Farmer decided to sleep (for about the 3 night running) in Masters 6 bunks with him so I had a relatively good nights sleep.   As for Master 6, not such a fun night.

And we get to the disappointment part of the story. 

Today was meant to be filled with Christmas fun.  Had thought about taking the kids to the Santa parade in Waipukurau (a wee rural town down the road), decorate the tree, head to a friend of Master 6's 7th Birthday (which is a Star Wars theme - how cool?!), then have Fish and Chips with another friend who we have been looking forward to seeing.

The problem with all this is that this bug has jumped through my family like fricken wild fire, it's just not smart to be heading around seeing people......man it sucks.

So the plan for today now.  Much the same as the last 3 days.  Look after small sick person.  Likely be indoors.  And drink lots of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment