Monday, December 19, 2011

The Meaning of Christmas

While sitting in PJ's I'm reflecting on what the meaning of Christmas to me....... meanwhile the kids are gluing, cutting and creating Christmas masterpieces.  There is glitter gracing my floor and I will use that as a festive excuse not to vacuum...cos it looks so gosh darn pretty!!

I've been drumming into the kids that Christmas is all about the giving.  The thoughts for other.  And that doesn't always mean a present.  Certainly they both have taken it on board and Master 6 3/4 has been wonderful in saying what can I do to help, all the time, which is great but sometimes the gift of silence perhaps would be better !!  (Remind me I said that when I say he doesn't do anything!!)

How much do I believe my party line?  Quite a bit I would have to say.  However the gift of giving, of time, thought and love can be hard.  Sometimes, with (or for) some people, it's quite draining.  But that's when you need to choose to be the bigger person, and keep going.  So I guess if you mean what you say and live by it then you are not just embracing the meaning of Christmas but the making yourself that person all year around.

Oh yeah people, that totally sounds like my shit don't stink.....but I am finding that my halo does seem to be shining today!

As for this Christmas.....we are well ready.  I'm happy with all the work done, the preparations for my children because lets face it that's the most important thing, for me and the Farmer - that they get to embrace, enjoy and live it.

Happy Christmas!  6 more sleeps to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment