Monday, November 28, 2011

5 minutes to watch the world drift by.

I'm busy.  I have list that is never ending.  Sometimes it feels like the list is my life and somewhere near the bottom I might find myself again.

However most of it is me, aspiring to be the best I can by doing things I love for the people that I care about.  Foolish?  Yeah probably.  Will I change? Unlikely. Solution? Sitting in my favourite chair in the lounge and watching the clouds drift by.  And I mean this literally.  I have just done this very thing and without trying to sound all 'Zen' and 'new age' it felt good for my soul.

The Farmer is working late.  The kids are in bed after a super busy day topped off with teacher-parent interviews.  A follow up appointment to the Dr (after a fairly stressful last visit) for Miss 3 concludes she has Asthma.  Which in itself isn't a major, there are drugs to help and she's likely to grow out of it, but it still worries me - cos I'm her Mum it's what I do.

And when I truly feel that these things are really getting the better of me and I'm rushing around like a headless chook my 5 mins, it's amazing.  It's what keeps me sane(ish).

Everything has a solution. Things do work out.  Problems are resolved.  It doesn't really matter if your washing gets wet - in fact the kids told me today that "the world won't stop" "the clothes will be even cleaner Mum" - so in my 5 mins quiet world watching moment I've taken stock of this stuff.  Filled up the life juice again (and no I don't mean with wine....) and am ready to tackle the next 3 hours before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment