Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The reality of growing older - Jane Style!


I have a Birthday on Saturday.  I will be 36.  And I'm delighted!

Why?!  Surely after you hit 30 age is something we don't like to talk about....Ha!  Why the hell not!

Cripes we are all in the same boat....there is no stopping it, unless you are a gazillionaire that can put yourself in a freezer and hope the tree of eternal life is found.  Unlikely.

36 is my lucky number.  In fact 6 is my lucky number and if you multiple 6 x 6.....well....work it out.

Anyways I think that Birthday should be celebrated.  That you should mark the day you came into the world in any sort of fashion.  Coffee with friends.  A special breakfast.  A family outing.  Something. 

If you are number phobic then just don't tell anyone but it doesn't really matter, does it?!!

Sure it would be easy to think about the negative...and I know that I don't look as smokin' hot as I did 10 years ago but 10 years ago I didn't have 2 kids, a farm and although I was with my Farmer we weren't married (I'm pretty sure married life may have added to my shapely figure and a couple of "laughter lines"...)

I am choosing to celebrate 36.  And although I could name 36 reasons why turning 36 is a good thing I will just do 6....lets face it you would have stopped reading by number 10!

1.  I am wiser now that I have ever been.
2.  I am aware of WHO I am, on the inside and the outside
3.  On my birthday my toy boy Farmer will be 2 year younger than me for 2 days...I'm a cougar!
4.  I'm another year closer to a European holiday
5.  At 36 I'm feeling like I'm coming into my own as a Mum
6.  It's a bloodly good reason to have a dinner out with friends!

So getting older....truely it's not a biggie.  Go with it!  Celebrate it! 

xx Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment