Thursday, November 24, 2011

Just gin and bear it

There are things in life we all do to be polite.  There is the little white lie.  The big fat white lie.  And the Grin and bear it.  Or as I have renamed it "the Gin and bear it"

Now I'm always up for a drink but the gin and bear it is a different kettle of fish.  It's that time where you wish you could slug back a bottle of gin as the grin is turning to a grimace and your about ready to lose it - tears or tanty.  One is highly likely to happen.

I'm not going into specifics here but needless to say if I had gin in the house, I would probably have an empty bottle for recycling.

There is no overcoming this thing we do to be socially acceptable and/or polite when in fact we just want to say "for the love of god shut the F*(# up'.  We just keep smiling serenely and hope that the smoke isn't pouring out our ears.

Regardless, am all out of gin....wine anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment