Wednesday, September 4, 2013

High heels and Hair cuts

Extraordinary day yesterday. 

It had me smiling in my sleep!

I had decided it was time for a haircut.  Spring is here, Summer not far away and well a change is good.

I brought some really funky heels, the kind you can wear with jeans and but I realised that since I first brought them I'd only worn them once.  So with a confident application of lippy, my flavour of the month top and my ever faithful jeans I chucked on my heels and trotted off to the hair dressers.

At the start when I told her I wanted a change I'm sure she was a bit doubtful but nonetheless she worked her magic and I left a new woman.  Or something.

I knew it was a good cut when out with the Farmer for lunch he commented on how good I looked numerous times and even went as far as a PDA (Mum that means public display of affection!).

Surprising to me though was the general stuff that happened in the afternoon - the bookstore lady was expectionally friendly and chatty to me, the wee man at the petrol station just appeared to fill my tank (usually they are noticeably absent), the lady at the clothes shop ignored people right in front of me and said hello to me and the lady at the bakery let me off .10c of the french stick I was buying as I didn't have quite enough.

Now I'm not sure if it was just that I was feeling good, therefore smiling more and relaying a general state of happiness which the world picked up on or just a good day in town.  Who knows but if town was more like that I'd probably go in more!!

On my arrival to school in the afternoon I don't think I've ever had so many nice comments on my hair before.  A couple of people didn't even recognise me!  Sheesh, talk about a getting a big head!!

The down side is that today I'm be back in my work clothes, work shoes and my hair will probably not look nearly as good.

But that extraordinary feeling is still there.  And that is bound to put an extra big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment