Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gosh darn it I might just be growing up.

So I entered this wee photo competition (as I do) for a Rural calendar.

Anyway my expectations were low so I was chuffed to hear I'd got two images through to the next round of judging. 

WARNING BELLS!  Don't get excited - Whoops too late.  Part of me then began to think....okay, maybe i have a shot.....

Well I didn't.

I heard back today and neither went through to the next round.

For about 5 minutes I felt really bummed out.

But then I thought, well hey I got through the first round - that's not a bad thing.

My curiosity got the better of me so I thought I'd find out how many from the 1700 entries made the first cut.  Turns out only 220 did and 2 of those were mine!

How cool is that!?!

Which leads to me to think that perhaps I am growing up.  Perhaps my ability to deal with disappointment comes from having a good attitude, finding the positive and (just a few) years of life experience.

HOWEVER I'm not entirely sure how pleased I am with the concept of growing up.  I may well have to do something silly and childlike to knock it on the head........Watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment