Friday, February 10, 2012

You don't have to be a size 8 to be HOT!

Now that I have your attention.......I'd like to share that I have discovered something very important.  Sexiness, healthy body image and confidence don't come from having a size 8 supermodel figure.

SHOCKING I KNOW.

And well I can't actually confirm this in the sense that the last time I had a size 8 figure was when I was 8 years old.  But for most of my life I have always been concerned about how I look.  Even when I got married and was probably at my slimest I was still worried. 

The thing that hit me yesterday was that I had been in town, on my much needed day off, I had make up on, was wearing heels and a skirt and just had my haircut and (brace yourself) I got a couple of "looks" from some not bad looking specimens of the opposite sex. 

Before this goes to my head I hasten to add it wasn't the new haircut, clothes or heels but the confidence I had with myself.  It literally shone through all the other stuff.  I was, am, happy.  You could be in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and still get the same effect because how you feel about you on the inside.

Okay so I hear a collective sigh....yeah yeah heard it all before but it's true.

I'm prioritising what's important.  Eating well, living well and knowing that I'm not always going to be in control of things but that it's my attitude that will dictate how I handle what comes at me.  And I never knew before that having that state of mind will affect everything.  Especially how I feel about the way I look!  Talk about light bulb moment!

So I'm loving my curves, in fact while watching Bonanza (yes the old TV show ......) the Farmer mentioned about the curves on that actress which sparked a conversion regarding the kind of actress/role models around for women today.....we decided that girls with curves are way hotter.....that's what being a woman is all about!  Which means the Farmer thinks I'm HOT.  What more could a girl want.......?!!   hmm perhaps just a phone call from Johnny Depp?! Ha!

“I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them.”  Mae West





No comments:

Post a Comment