Monday, January 30, 2012

Falling off the wagon and hauling my arse back on again.......

So confession time.  My grand plan of not drinking for the entire month of January dissolved in a torrent of "are we there yets?; I'm feeling sick; I'm BUSTING" en route to our camping holiday.  By the time we had the tent up, the Farmer was choking in my dust as I lead footed to the nearest bottle store for beer and wine.  And may I add that both the beer and wine, never tasted so good.

The camping holiday was awesome (after the first 6 hours of nerve-racking-annoying-whining from my precious children) and we all came back feeling refreshed and with stories of sand castles, boogie boarding antics and fleeting sightings of dolphins.

The Farmer and I made an executive decision that even though we weren't  away we were "still on holiday".....so the wine and beer was enjoyed .....and drunk with gusto.......but after falling off the wagon (with a THUD) it's now time to climb back on again.

New rules. No week day boozing.  Friday and Saturdays only.  For at least the duration of February.

I'm sure we'll survive this time.  We both have a list of things we need to do so even though we haven't got TV we have limited our "box" time (DVDs from Fatso are a wonderful thing) to one night a week.  I'm thinking by this time next month I'll be so gosh darn organised I'll be unbearable to live with.

My halo has been restored and is gleaming with pride.  I just hope temptation stays FAR AWAY, my rubber arm is my weakest link!



No comments:

Post a Comment