Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Thank Goodness for holidays!

I'm seriously looking forward to the school holidays.

I'm armed with some crafty projects, baking ideas, play dates and chill out time with the kids.  Can't wait.  And it's not just about the down time with kids, its the down time for me.

I love the idea of not having to rush out the door.  To race about with school lunches, schedules, homework and cramming in tea prep and washing all before 8am.

In fact holidays for me are crazy fun.  Like for instance, PJ day.  A actual day were you can wear PJ's all day.....thank goodness we live rurally and don't get any door to door salespeople.  There is back to front day.....breakfast at dinner time, clothes inside out and sometimes back to front!  There are huts to be made, bikes ridden, food to bake and picnic lunches to be had.....whatever the weather.

I need to have some days with the kids, and yes there are jobs to do, and supermarkets to visit but it's more relaxing, somewhat easier and can be more fun - especially if you make it that way.

I feel of late that my fun levels are almost depleted.   I'd lost my spark.  My emotional gauge was sitting on empty and has taken alot of filling.  And I'm blessed with people who have helped me do that.  Including my exceptional husband, the Farmer, and my children. 

Today they reminded me about fun.  They were the adults at tea time and we were the kids.  We usually sit down at tea and discuss what we liked about today and what sucked.  Both kids got right into their roles as Mum and Dad......and when I thanked "Mum" for desert, "Dad" replied "What about thanking me, I work to get money for the food"....The Farmers face lit up and he grinned like the cat that got the cream! 

It's a timely reminder to keep having fun, there will come a time when the last thing the kids are going to want to do in the holidays is hang out with me, so I'd better clock up some Fun times now!

No comments:

Post a Comment