Thursday, July 25, 2013

Life vs Passion. Can there be a winner?

While talking to a dear friend today I discussed what would happen if I gave something the whole 110%.  Do I have the drive for it?  Do I have the passion?  Do I really want to?!!

I'm talking photography here.....I love it.  I love the joy it brings others when I've captured an image of something special.  I love to share.  I get a kick out of it.  I'm never going to be very good at charging for it.  Possibly because I undervalue what my abilities are but perhaps because it's just not who I am. 

I'm not a technical photographer.  I'm more of a "fly-by-the-seat-of-your pants-make-shit-up-and-hope-it-works" kind a photographer.  And for the most part it (surprisingly) it does work.

The thing that always seems to get in the way for me is, well..... Life. And this is where the whole 'drive/passion' thing comes in.  Probably I could avoid having to do the housework/paid employment/cooking thing if I was THAT passionate about it but I just can't seem to put myself first enough to do so.

And it's not even the home stuff....I'm desperate to get myself back on track, in terms of health and well being, so much so that the photography stuff keeps getting kicked to touch.

Then there is the being available for my kids - I'm trying very hard to help Master Eight and half with his school work, support Miss Five and half and keep the home fires burning.  I'd also like to help the farmer out with farm jobs and around the house stuff AND want to make sure I'm spending time with family and friends.

Enough hours in the day?!?

Hmmmm me thinks not.

But perhaps if i was more driven, more passionate, I would find the time......

Sigh.

In someways I'm not bothered.  I'll keep ticking along as I am.  Happy to be the Wife - Mum - Friend - Daughter - Sister - Aunty that I am.

And I guess when the time is right......well then my passion-hobby-whatever can come first.

Good in theory right!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment