Monday, July 30, 2012

A reminder to myself

A weekend at home.  Time spent mooching around.  Being able to enjoy the kids with all their simple joys.

That was my weekend.

Now I did have a list of things I should have been doing.  People to phone, jobs to do, things to sort/put away or just deal with.  And low and behold  - the world didn't come crashing down around me when they didn't get done! 

This in itself is not ground breaking stuff.

But in the bubble of my mind it's good to know.

The funny this is that I'm not alone in needing to be reminded this. 

I have a number of friends, striving to be superwoman, who (like me) get swept up in all that we SHOULD be not who we are. 

And who we are is mere mortals. 

Mothers of children who need us.  Wives to husbands that have to deal with the fall out when we come to the realisation that we haven't done all that we thought we should have.

I can tell you it feels good to have a relaxing weekend, doing something but nothing.  That's what it's all about!

* Be kind to yourselves *


No comments:

Post a Comment