Thursday, November 29, 2012

Disappointments.

It's been a long week.  And not for bad reasons, well....... much.

My wee man has been sick.  And I know he's sick as he's not himself.  The good thing about having him about was doing things with him.  And I've enjoyed that.

The problem lies with that I wasn't feeling the best either.

But I'm on the mend so really, I should stop whinging and move on.

However I can't help feel disappointed this week.

There is no extact thing just a number of small things - lunches - not had, expectations - not met; achievements - not acknowledged; pressure - for no reason; and perhaps my inability in speaking my mind. 

Some of you know me very well, and know I don't mind revving up when required.  It's when it shouldn't be required that bothers me.

However in saying that I can't let disappointment knock me.  I have to over come it and keep going.  If this year has taught me anything it's that I need to prioritise what's important to me.  Days of accommodating everyone and suffering as a result are gone.  Sometimes easier said than done, but it's what I'm trying for.

The Farmer is my rock, even though he's been out every night this week, and quite frankly I need to tell him more often how important he is to me.

My kids, although sometimes frustrating, can shine as bright as any star with their thoughtfulness and love.  Master almost 8 sat down and made Christmas cards for his entire family today. Miss almost 5 who is fiercely independent told me she was very sad when left alone for 5 minutes (incidentally that was left alone for 5 minutes in her room for being a monkey!). 

I guess that my disappointment is something I have let get under my skin.  And perhaps if I had been 100% I wouldn't have let it.

Still the mere fact I can acknowledge it and push it aside shows I have learnt a thing or two this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment