Saturday, December 7, 2013

Why a bump to the head was a sign.....

Okay so I'm resting.  And I'm terrible at it.  So this is me bucking my rest, even if it is for 5 mins!

On Monday I whacked my head on a door.  Not my finest hour.  After a trip to the doctor, alot of sleeping, painkillers and rest I thought I was 'back on track' because, to be frank, I had shit to do.

However it wasn't meant to be, back to the Doctor only to be told that it's all part of the ride....3 steps forward, 2 back.....like, literally his words!  Sheesh.  Not what a control freak wants to hear before Christmas.

Seeing as I'm 'resting' I've been thinking.  A bump to the head might be a blessing.  A time to slow down.  There is nothing that can't wait (my tea towel draw for example) and although it pains me to say it my body has enjoyed the rest.  Given I've had no control over my body wanting to sleep, alot, and my head literally aches, I've found myself thinking well I'm pretty organised so lets just run with it.

I know, grown up right?  What next!!?

Anyway there is always someone more worse off than me, and the Dr says I'll be fine for Christmas so that's all good. 

In the mean time, I have date with the couch. 

Stay safe, and watch out for those doors....they can be pesky.









No comments:

Post a Comment