Saturday, September 24, 2011

The courage of your convictions

I consider that I am pretty honest with my posts.  That I do it for me and that others want to read is some what of a compliment. 

It has taken me years to feel comfortable in my own skin, and even now with me probably at my largest ever I still feel happy with the 'real' me, not the person you look at but the person inside.   I have been shy for a good part of my life and now use humour in my repertoire to fit in, be at ease and get someone else to smile.

All in all I am pretty happy with myself.

But watching someone very special lately I realise I have never had the courage of my convictions in quite the same way.

This amazing person is able to laugh, loudly and truly not care who's looking.  Can wear whatever she wants with confidence and proudly, just because she can.  She dances, without any care, will cry and feel better for it, knowing it may not do her any good at all.  She marches to her own tune, enthralling anyone lucky enough to watch.  Her laughter is contagious.  Her smile infectious.  And her heart is big.  She doesn't mind correcting anyone - regardless of position, age or knowledge base.  And does so with a smile and confidence that I don't believe you can learn, you just born with it.

She knows her own mind. That statement alone is a weighty one. 

This person is my daughter.  My beautiful Miss 3 & 3/4. 

I pray that she never changes.  That life will only encourage her personality, make her stronger (not necessarily more willful!) and that she learns that she has an amazing gift to be herself - and that "herself" needs no changing.



Love you lots my baby girl. xx

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Your daughter is adorable.

    Fickle Cattle
    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete